Fast configuration for “RusRoute” program (routing firewall, Internet gateway).
1. System requirements.
RusRoute firewall can run under Windows XP (SP2,3), Windows 2003 Server (SP1) and Windows Vista, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7 beta,RC, 32/64 bit operation systems.
2. Download the latest version of program from http://www.rusroute.com/downloads/.
3. Start setup program with administrative rights, read the license agreement and press Accept. Choose installation folder and press Extract.
4. Program will then extract and launch. You will be asked on 64 bits OS to switch to Safe mode to select drivers, reboot and start program setup again.
At first the vpn adapter and rusroute drivers will be installed into the Windows driver folder, and you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address and serial number on the "About page".
5. When you install the program for the first time, the serial number is filled automatically with the demo-key. If you already have obtained your key, then type it now.
6. On this page ("About program") you need to verify the key by pressing right mouse button from the list and choose "4. Verify key and generate activation request".
7. If everything is ok, the text "Key is valid" will appear, but will not be activated.
8. After reboot (which is usually unnecessary) enter into the system (preferably, using the administrator account) and GUI program RusRoute (rr.exe / rr64.exe) will start automatically.
9. If you are using DHCP protocol to obtain the IP address of a network interface (which is rarely needed for computer - Internet gateway server), then that network interface cannot obtain its own IP address, due to the fact that all network traffic is blocked before rr.exe is started and time out occurs.
To solve this problem you can select Repair network connection or execute command "ipconfig /renew", but it’s better to select a static IP address for such connection.
10. Verify that rr.exe sees the system network interfaces which are showed on the page "Network info | Network adapters".
Now, it you should see in the first column "Adapter/Phonebook entry name" for your adapters. "<null>".
11. It is preferably to turn off standard Windows firewall or allow program rr.exe to run all connections for all network types (private, public, domain).
12. The next step you need to do is to make firewall rules. For this go to "Firewall rules" page, press right mouse button on the rules list, select "Wizard" and follow the wizard steps.
13. The wizard can create the restricted typical set of firewall rules, and for more precise tuning of firewall rules you probably will need to extend lists of adapters, IP addresses and protocols, increase the size of HTTP cache, and also manually enter some rules.
14. Add users on the "Users" page.
15. Press Apply button and test the network and firewall to check if it works.
16. You can view information about the network traffic passing through the firewall on the "Protocols | Common logs" page.
Without invoking complex technology description of RusRoute, we’re letting you know that TCP connections, both incoming and outgoing, are at first redirected to local ports 10001-10003, while new outgoing connections with IP addresses and ports substitution are passed to the next destination.
Therefore, the RusRoute working for TCP is allowed by proxy with effect of real routing.
For other protocols the real routing is used.
17. For authorization of users in the RusRoute system it’s used web-http access for browser to the port 10000 of firewall (protocol "RusRoute http authentication").
For example, if a firewall address is 192.168.100.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0, then users from this subnet mask can access it using their browser by typing http://192.168.100.1:10000
in the address bar or making this address page their start page
You can also authorize by using address http://127.0.0.1:10000 from the computer thorough RusRoute firewall.
18. Good luck to set up and using your network !
PS: Description of set up and tuning internal local area network is not for this article’s subject.
In short, the simplest way to use the program is to use the next settings: for network adapter connected to local area network use IP address 192.168.100.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the set up the gateway IP, leaving blank the DNS for LAN adapter, but for Internet adapter use the usual settings for IP address, gateway and DNS server IP.
You have to use unique addresses in the range 192.168.100.2-192.168.100.254 for computer network cards connected to LAN and use default gateway IP and DNS IP as a RusRoute firewall internal IP, that is 192.168.100.1. And you also have to make a setting in RusRoute (in the last step of firewall rules Wizard) to redirect DNS computers requests of LAN to external DNS server IP, recognized by the system.
Set startup page http://192.168.100.1:10000 in the computer browsers connected to the local area network.
The next, you cannot set up explicit TCP/IP parameters on users computers (IP address, mask, gateway, DNS) if you start build-in RusRoute DHCP server.
Visitors today: 8, total: 1892, maxmum: 15, since 12.01.2015, You are vieving this page 1 time(s).