www.rusroute.com

RusRoute firewall forum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC+03:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 pm 

Hi,

I was looking for quite a long time for software that would allow me to redirect all traffic from certain IP to another, a kind of iptables from Linux replacement. Finally, found some software but it worked only on XP/2003 while i needed one for Vista/7 including 64 bit systems. After some time i found your software that does the job. The problem is, that all i need is to redirect all the data from one ip to another one cause some lousy app tries to connect to non-existant ip.

Since i don't need any typical firewall here i deleted all the rules and set my own. Your software seems to be blocking all traffic by default i made 2 rules, one to redirect traffic from one ip to another and second to pass everything beside that. That config works fine on Windows XP, where i first tested it. Everything works fine including that traffic redirection, web browsing, IMs and anything related to net, just like it should RusRoute pass all the traffic. On Windows 7 Professional RTM x64 however, after applying the same rules i can ping any working host, but web browsing, IMs doesn't work. They simply can't connect, once i turn off RusRoute in settings, it all starts to work again. Your software was intalled after disabling driver signing while starting Windows, i'm also using a 64 bit client on that troublesome system.

Attachments:
rules2.jpg
rules2.jpg [ 38.9 KiB | Viewed 45674 times ]
rules1.jpg
rules1.jpg [ 54.67 KiB | Viewed 45671 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 pm 

It is possible that the standard Windows 7 firewall is blocking TCP and UDP traffic for RRSvc64.exe "MaaSoftware RusRoute firewall service" application.
You should to allow for RRSvc64.exe application (typically located at C:\RusRoute folder) any type of traffic for any types of networks (public, domain, private). Is is the better to do it in control panel by removing old entries RRSvc64.exe related and creating new rules.
Note that ICMP traffic (witch is including PING) is passed because Windows firewall is passing PING for any application for default, so your ping traffic is passed successfully independent of disabling RusRoute.

Note that I am strongly recommending to use Wizard for initial rules creating (It is overwriting some lists - apadter's lists, for "All adapters" list for example).

The next advice is to use not only "All IP protocols" but protocols with some Filters (HTTP, PPTP, ,...) and only safe ICMP message types for external(Internet) networks traffic routing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:15 am 

You were right, it was Windows Firewall who blocked all the traffic. I had to mark "RusRoute firewall - server" access to private network (only public was marked) and it started to work. Thanks for the tip.